The Golden Realm

The Legend of Zelda Second Life RP Admin Forum

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Changing the location of the Comission Mall

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nabooru

PostSubject: Changing the location of the Comission Mall   Mon May 30, 2011 4:39 pm

Hmm, I was wondering if it would be possible to move the commission vendors down to castle town, preferably in one of the empty buildings, in the town square?

With the breaks coming up, traffic in castle town is kind of high, which means more people would see it and buy some of the items from the vendors, or heck buy a vendor to add to the store.

Now I know what your thinking if you offer free vendor space in a place that charges more people will go for the free instead of the pay.
Well. with the way the com-vendors work Ora is getting paid regardless , so its still a win ^_^.

and with the mall gone the sim can have a few more prims and building space.

Soo what do you think?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geminai

PostSubject: Re: Changing the location of the Comission Mall   Mon May 30, 2011 11:27 pm

The first (and only) thing that comes to my mind is that Castle Town is the laggiest place I have experienced in the entire sim. I'm unsure if others experience lag to that degree but if they do, vendor set up or shopping could become difficult or even inconvenient.
I guess another thing that also just came to mind is Castle Town most likely is going to be (if it already isn't) a higher traffic role play area, and people going strictly to shop may not like that.

Um... other than that I mean there are pros to vendors being in castle town. Mostly what you already stated. So there's my two cents ^^;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nabooru

PostSubject: Re: Changing the location of the Comission Mall   Tue May 31, 2011 12:18 am

The reason why castle town is so laggy is because of the
A: Music script in the fountain ( imo)
and
B: the amount of people that are always there.

Granted the marketplace is a hub for rp but it is still a market place, and the market place is lacking shops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoomRater
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Changing the location of the Comission Mall   Tue May 31, 2011 12:27 am

The RP status of the market will be very mixed. A mostly OOC hangout place in the middle of the most important areas IC. I suspect the reason Ickolas even wanted it in a location that wasn't the marketplace was to keep IC and OOC separate- and this move wouldn't help that. More ways to access the commission mall from the marketplace would work pretty nicely though.

I'd like some input from the RPers as well. Where does all the action happen in Hyrule setting wise? Shold we continue to promote the marketplace as an OOC location for the primary purpose of asking RPers to find a different setting to not disturb shoppers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wetheplayers.net
Nabooru

PostSubject: Re: Changing the location of the Comission Mall   Tue May 31, 2011 4:02 am

The market place, no pretty much all of Hyrule is mixed OOC and RP, I mean you can go to the lake and see people OOC just as they would be in market place, and
from what I can tell the people of Hyrule balance Rp and OOC pretty nicely,
So I don't think that having the Commission vendor in the marketplace would cause in problems. After all the marketplace is already setup for OOC stores.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoomRater
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Changing the location of the Comission Mall   Tue May 31, 2011 4:21 am

As other RPers have been complaining about, they want more areas that can be relied upon for RP... I'm curious how to handle that demand, if it should be met, and so on. So I'm weighing it into this proposed change. Aside from that, I'm for using our traffic to our advantage.
Back to top Go down
Nabooru

PostSubject: Re: Changing the location of the Comission Mall   Tue May 31, 2011 8:52 am

Well, with Riguel and Sykes building like bunnies,and the removal of clock town. I'm sure more rp areas wont be a problem. Although.... I don't think there will ever be any Rp exclusive areas, since (as far as I know) we aren't a rp exclusive sim.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Changing the location of the Comission Mall   Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:33 am

Hmm, honestly I can go both ways on this. I dont have a problem leaving it as it is, but moving it wouldnt be a bad idea. As stated, it IS the market.

Also, why is everyone bitching about not enough areas anyway? I am getting REALLY fed up hearing that bullshit. I mean, go to other sims, many have 1 area. We have like dozens. It seems the harder the other builders and myself work, the more people whine that their isnt enough to do!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hyrule.team-talk.net
DoomRater
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Changing the location of the Comission Mall   Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:26 pm

Wha'ts funnier about not having enough areas is we already have too MANY areas to cause RPers not to run into each other even though there's like 10 people in the sim.
Back to top Go down
Ora
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Changing the location of the Comission Mall   Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:28 pm

DoomRater wrote:
Wha'ts funnier about not having enough areas is we already have too MANY areas to cause RPers not to run into each other even though there's like 10 people in the sim.
I know! I searched for a while and found nothing but empty land. XD Everyone was hiding from me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hyrule.team-talk.net
Nabooru

PostSubject: Re: Changing the location of the Comission Mall   Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:58 pm

Well.. We have the boss's take on the matter, now all we need is Ickolas since he is the the manager of said mall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MasterIckolas

PostSubject: Re: Changing the location of the Comission Mall   Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:09 pm

Well. As much as I'd LIKE to do this. No

Reasons
A) Pain in the ASS to move all that shit
B) Would be breaking RP's ONCE it starts. Trying to keep RP and OOC areas apart
C) Would make the Castle Town MORE Laggy.

But I DO have some solutions
Offer TP's from Stores to the OOC Vendor area if they want to shop for Out of Character Items

---
Other Note , 20% abVendor's are in. They work WAY better than the crap I scripted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.secondlifehyrule.freeforums.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing the location of the Comission Mall   

Back to top Go down

Changing the location of the Comission Mall
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Golden Realm :: Second Life :: Suggestions-
Jump to: